Vietnam Assistance for the Handicapped
VIETNAM ASSISTANCE FOR THE HANDICAPPED
Giving Help & Hope to Others
VIEW OUR WORK
VNAH works to promote policies and programs to assist and empower people with disabilities and disadvantaged children
Vietnam Assistance for the Handicapped (VNAH) is a U.S.-based non-profit, non-political, tax-exempt charitable organization founded in 1991 to assist Vietnamese with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups to regain mobility and improve their socio-economic status. Over the past 27 years, VNAH has implemented development projects and volunteer activities that have benefited several million people in Southeast Asia.
REHABILITATION AND DIRECT ASSISTANCE
- Build and equip rehabilitation centers and health clinics to improve capacity and access to health services for persons with disabilities and the rural poor.
- Provide health care, rehabilitation services, and assistive devices to persons with disabilities, war and land-mines/UXO victims.
- Support vocational training, employment and livelihood development for persons with disabilities and disadvantaged youth.
- Capacity building training for health workers, rehabilitation practitioners, assistive devices producers and staff of vocational training and employment service centers.
SCHOOLS & YOUTH
- Improve access to and quality of education for children in remote areas by building school, teacher training and international education exchanges.
- Support curriculum development of higher education and teachers training in subjects including barrier-free access design in construction, social work with disabilities, occupational therapy and vocational rehabilitation.
- Volunteer health care services in rural, remote areas.
- Provide clean water for rural and ethnic communities.
- Technical assistance to the development and enforcement of disability policies in Vietnam.
- Promote programs and policies at the national and sub-national levels to integrate persons with disabilities into all aspects of their community's social and economic affairs.
- Technical support to national efforts for the development of disability information system in Vietnam.
- Support the development of disabled people's organization (DPO) and training for disability advocates.
Agent Orange Research
December 5 2019
PROVIDE LIVING IMPROVEMENT AND HEALING FOR WAR VICTIMS
December 4 2019